So it’s currently 6:30am while I’m writing this, its my first day back to college after a nice long Christmas break off so I’m just sat here typing this and sipping my coffee. This is a little unplanned, random post that I had no intention of writing but it just kind of happened when I sat down this morning.
So if you read my Growing Up To Soon Post you will know that I have a pretty hectic life, 5 animals (It was 3 but we got two hamsters!) , a house, full time education, part time job and a tiny bit of a social life. I’m going to tell you all how I manage (at least sometimes).
I’ve never been someone who loved getting up early, I still don’t, not while it’s still dark out at 8am. But I’m trying to train my body to wake up at 5:30 every morning because I have to either be in college for 9am 4 days a week and in work at 8am the other 3 days so having some hours to get my shit together seems like a good idea.
I’m not one of those people who prepares the night before, I’m more of a run around the house 10 minutes before I need to leave looking for my SD card. But I have noticed that doing certain little buts the night before makes for an easier morning.
Normally I will:
- Pick up the house, put away anything that I won’t be using the next morning.
- I’ll set out my cup ready for my coffee in the morning so its just a matter of hitting a button,
- I usually load & run the dishwasher the night before so everything is fresh and clean for the morning.
- Wake up at 5:30 but lay in bed until 5:50 checking all social media
- Get up and make some coffee ( I can’t make the bed until Ryan gets up)
- At this point I’ll either do something productive, like today. Or I’ll watch some YouTube videos.
- Feed all the animals and start getting ready for the day.